Each year, the government provides funding to primary schools to be spent on improving the quality of sport and Physical Education (PE) for school children. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools. Examples of activites this type of funding covers are:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
We received a £18,940 grant for Sports Premium funding for 2021-2022. The document below details our expenditure on PE during 2021-22, and the impact of this spending on our provision.
In swimming, our Year 6 children achieved the following:
- 26 out of the 30 (86.6%) children were able to swim
- 25 (83%) of those children were confident swimmers
- all pupil premium children in this year group were confident swimmers. The confident swimmers could swim over a distance of at least 25 metres, and use a range of strokes effectively. In addition, they could perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
Click here to view the full Action Plan for 2021-22 which includes how funding has been allocated.