Sports Premium Funding & Allocation
In March 2013 the government announced that it was to provide additional funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013 to 2014 and 2014 to 2015 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools in England – The Primary PE & Sport Premium. For more information from the government website click here.
What is Sports Premium?
The Government has provided funding to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding. This funding is being jointly provided by Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Funding for 2016-17:
We received a £8,095 grant for Sports Premium funding for 2016-2017.
Click here to view the full Action Plan for 2016-17 which includes how funding has been allocated.
Typical things that you can use your sports funding for according to the gov website are:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
We look forward to deciding where to allocate our funding for 2017-18 to ensure the children get the best PE education possible and enjoy their sports lessons.