Sports Premium Funding & Allocation
In March 2013 the government announced that it was to provide additional funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013 to 2014 and 2014 to 2015 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools in England – The Primary PE & Sport Premium. For more information from the government website click here.
We are yet to receive our Sports Premium Funding but will be posting how we intend to allocate it in due course. Typical things that you can use your sports funding for according to the gov website are:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
We look forward to deciding where to allocate our funding to ensure the children get the best PE education possible and enjoy their sports lessons.