Aims and Ethos
At Deer Park School the education we offer aims to ensure that every pupil achieves confidence, success and resilience through high quality educational experiences, with a broad, balanced and enriching curriculum. At Deer Park we aim for pupils to develop the ability to communicate in an intelligent, thoughtful, articulate and confident manner. The pupils learn in a stimulating, safe, happy and welcoming environment with first class educational experiences from which they thrive.
Our ultimate aim is to instil a love for learning and a desire to be motivated to enable the pupils to become proud of their achievements and become responsible future citizens. Our core values are at the HEART of everything we do.
Education at Deer Park School is for life. It is our aim that each student will leave the school, not only with the best possible educational attainment, particularly in the basic skills of literacy and numeracy, but also with the skills, attitudes and enthusiasm needed to succeed and achieve in a changing world and to make a positive contribution as responsible and valuable members of society.
Through Deer Park School’s high expectations for all children’s learning – and our core values – there is a strong moral purpose and a unique ethos of warmth and respect to educate children who:
- Show equality to others
- Respect themselves and show respect to others
- Understand the importance of learning and strive to achieve their best
- Understand the importance of making a positive contribution to the community and to society as a whole
- Communicate well with others and show consideration to others’ beliefs and points of view
- Present themselves with confidence and articulacy
- Take responsibility for their own actions
- Develop the ability to show empathy, compassion and give support to others
- Develop a sense of pride in themselves and others